Do you dread being dateless on Valentine’s Day? Fear not, say the Professional Matchmakers at Executive Search Dating, Vancouver’s premier dating service for busy professionals.
“Dating is one of those rare activities where you get better results when you are having fun doing it” says Paddi Rice, President and Founder of Executive Search Dating “So avoiding the pressure of Valentine’s Day and turning into a fun night is a good way to ready yourself for dating happiness.”
Here are Executive Search Dating’s Top 7 Valentine’s Day dating do’s and don’ts for Vancouver Singles:
1. Chill out: if you don’t have anyone special in your life at the moment, use it as a chance to connect with some other singles friends for something fun. Who knows, you may even run into one of Executive Search Dating’s professional cupids!
2. Ski Cupid: hit the slopes on Valentine’s Day evening for an outdoor adventure. Cypress Mountain night skiing is a Vancouver winter classic.
3. Love thy Canucks: kick the Valentine’s Day blues by watching our beloved Vancouver Canucks, who play the day before (February 13th against The Phoenix Coyotes) and the day after (February 15th against the Colorado Avalanche) Valentine’s Day. Watching hockey (whether you are a fan or not) is one of THE best ways to meet new people in Vancouver!
4. Be Proactive: repeating the same dating tactics and expecting a different result won’t work. This year, try something new; visit a new neighbourhood, say hi to some new people, or join a professional dating service to meet some high quality, compatible singles!
5. Rush it: just because its Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you need to hit the fast forward button on a budding romance… getting to know each other at a pace that feels natural is more important than feeling compelled to make the earth move on Valentine’s Day.
6. Lead someone on: having dinner with a friend of the opposite sex can be a nice antidote to the stress of Valentine’s Day, but be sure that he or she knows its only as friends if you suspect they may want more.
7. Be depressed: after all, Valentine’s Day is the unofficial start to the spring dating season, the BEST time of the year to meet someone new!