Did you miss out on our spring exclusive offer? Great news, we’ve extended it to March 31st by popular demand!
Join Executive Search Dating by March 31st and receive 6 months FREE… it’s our best special of the year!
Come see for yourself why spring is Vancouver’s “Matchmaking Season” (the BEST time of the year to meet someone new)!
Matchmakers will tell you this about successful relationships: communication means more than immediate chemistry. Ideally, you want both, but finding someone with whom you can communicate openly with SIGNIFICANTLY increases the chances of a successful match.
And, above all else, AVOID these four “relationship killing” communication traits (Source: John Gottman, PH.D.):
- Criticism: complaints are fine. Criticism is more global — it attacks the person, not their behavior. They didn’t take out the garbage, not because they forgot, but because they’re a bad person.
- Contempt: “…name-calling, eye-rolling, sneering, mockery, and hostile humor. In whatever form, contempt – the worst of the four horsemen – is poisonous to a relationship because it conveys disgust. It’s virtually impossible to resolve a problem when your partner is getting the message that you’re disgusted with him or her.”
- Defensiveness: “…defensiveness is really a way of blaming your partner. You’re saying, in effect, ‘The problem isn’t me, it’s you.’ Defensiveness just escalates the conflict, which is why it’s so deadly.”
- Stonewalling: tuning out. Disengaging. This doesn’t just remove the person from the conflict, it ends up removing them, emotionally, from the relationship.
Matchmakers call spring the ‘Matchmaking Season’ for a reason… its the BEST time of the year to meet someone new.
To help make this spring truly special, we have a fantastic SPRING OFFER just for you! Join Executive Search Dating before Friday, March 21st and receive 6 months FREE!
But hurry, our spring special expires on Friday, March 21st!
Call Us Today!: 604-462-8743
It may still be chilly outside, but you know spring is on the way. If you’re single, that’s a reason to celebrate. But what makes spring different from other seasons when it comes to meeting someone new? Well, it turns out quite a lot!
Here are some little known facts about spring dating that can help you meet someone new:
- Its only natural: most of what makes spring a great time to meet someone new is purely natural. Our bodies are hard wired to respond to the season of renewal by emerging from our ‘winter caves’ to seek and find new partners.
- The ‘get outside’ season: As winter recedes, Vancouverites begin to think of getting outdoors and doing new things, which provides a necessary push to meet someone new to do things with.
- Light my way: face it, its hard to feel romantic when the sun sets a 4:30 pm … with daylight savings time now here, there are simply more daylight hours of the day to meet some new people.
- De-layering: flirtation is an essential component of the mating game, and it’s hard to feel sexy in a parka. As the temperatures begin to warm up, and layers of clothing come off, the flirtation season begins.
- Go green: the arrival of March means the beginning of festival season, with Celtic Fest and St. Paddy’s Day being the highlights. Of all the festivals in the year, St. Paddy’s Day may well be the most ‘festive’ of all, and thus perfect for meeting some new people.
- Let love blossom: the arrival of Cherry Blossom season gives singles a great first or second date option – take your date for a springtime stroll among Vancouver’s 40,000 cherry trees. Queen Elizabeth Park or the UBC endowment lands provide an ideal setting to let your love ‘blossom’!
- The ‘season of optimism’: above all, spring is the season of positivity… and in the world of dating, a positive attitude (yours and everyone else’s) is the single most important element of dating success.
New studies say that dating services are ‘more efficient’ than traditional dating. In particular, couples who meet through a dating service get married two years sooner than those who meet through traditional means.
But what does that mean for you? Well, that depends.
Here are some signs that a dating service might work for you, and some signs that ‘traditional dating’ might be your best bet:
- Sooner rather than later: are you tired of ‘dating’, and more focused on meeting true ‘relationship ready’ matches? If so, a professional matchmaking service like Executive Search Dating may be your best bet, as you are more likely to meet matches who are serious about finding someone.
- The more the merrier: if you are looking to meet as many new people as possible (for dating, friendship or otherwise), then traditional dating (ie. bars, singles events, online dating, etc.) may be a good fit for you. Although you’ll likely meet more matches who aren’t ‘relationship potential’, they can help to expand your social network.
- Time constraints: if you are a busy person with not a lot of time to spend on dating, then a dating service designed for busy professionals such as Executive Search Dating may be what your looking for. Such services not only find compatible matches for you, but handle all the date arrangements for you, making it easier to meet quality matches.
- Seeking adventure: if adventure, excitement and drama are what you seek, then traditional dating (ie. the bar scene, online dating, etc.) or even mobile dating apps may be worth a try. While these methods often lack ‘relationship minded singles’, they do rank highly in the ‘low cost’ and ‘adventure and excitement’ departments. Do be careful when using these methods however, and be prepared to spend a lot of time emailing, texting and messaging potential dates.