Being single can be fun. It can also suck. How YOU feel about being single likely depends on which stage of life you are at.
Here’s a quick and easy way to see if you are ‘relationship ready’… if you agree with these 5 relationship benefits, it may well be time to find your special someone (or have someone do it for you)!:
- Two is better than one: life can be challenging; having someone you love by your side can make it easier to overcome life’s many obstacles and make it easier to focus on the ‘big picture’.
- Friend with benefits: successful relationships often have a foundation based on a great friendship. Unlike other friendships, however, a relationship provides friendship AND intimacy.
- Family values: having kids, let alone raising them, is an effort best done as a team. Single parenting is a normal and accepted part of modern culture, but raising a family with both parents together and in the picture is an advantage in any situation.
- Focus leads to fulfillment: having someone special in your life (and not worrying about how to fill your social calendar and with whom), can allow you to focus on other areas of your life (career, health, savings, children, etc.) allowing them to prosper.
- Killing loneliness: no matter how active your single life is, there is ultimately lots of loneliness too. Having someone who cares about you around, through good and bad times, can make life more rich and rewarding.