In dating, relationships & life we tend to go with what we know, or even what has worked in the past. Sounds sensible, right? Well, not exactly.
Things in life change, and never more so than in the world of dating. Dating habits that worked in the past don’t always work today. If you’re serious about finding a lasting relationship, AVOID these chemistry-killing dating habits:
- Waiting for things to happen: in the (supposed) by-gone era when dating was easy, you didn’t really have to work that hard to meet someone. A friend or colleague was sure to set you up with someone who was perfect for you. In today’s world, dating success goes to those who are proactive.
- My valuable time: if you’re a busy/successful professional, it’s easy to think that your time is more valuable than someone else’s. Here’s the thing: today, everyone is busy – in particular, quality singles are far too busy to spend time with people who think their time is more valuable than someone elses.
- Big fish/small pond: dating used to be harder, but if there’s one thing that free online dating apps have done successfully – they’ve made it easier to meet other singles (or at least view their profiles, which is not always the same thing). Focus on your date and your people skills, when it comes down to a battle of online profiles the best or most compatible singles don’t always win.
- Not getting the basics right: regardless of how you meet someone (on your own, a professional matchmaking service, or an online dating app), one thing hasn’t changed: put most of your focus on meeting someone in person, and doing your best to make the date fun & enjoyable. This will have a much bigger influence on your dating success than spending hours online or at bars trying to meet the perfect person.
- Not having a plan: maybe in the supposed ‘good ole days’ of dating you could get away without having a plan – not anymore. If you’re serious about finding a relationship, take dating seriously. If you’re too busy for that, or if you’re unsatisfied with the results, hire a personalized matchmaking service like Executive Search Dating and we’ll design a plan that works for you.