If you've been single for a while, the dating world has changed a lot - in the past, it was hard to come by any good advice. Today, with the advent of online dating apps, everyone seems to be a dating expert. But sometimes too much dating advice is worse than none at all. Here's the dating advice you never hear, but should:
- The more things change... : don't be fooled by all the new dating methods; the basics of meeting someone new are still the same. Be proactive, be positive and break free from your comfort zone and dating success will soon follow.
- You're in charge of you: success in dating, and life, starts and ends with you. Focus on the things you can control (your dating attitude, being a great date, etc.) and not on the things you can't (will he/she like me).
- No, dating is not a numbers game: unless the number you're talking about is 1. Find a dating method and approach that works best for you - you can be a heavy volume dating app user, or you can be more selective - there's no right or wrong way to date.
- It's whats inside that really matters: yes in today's image-obsessed online dating world, photos do matter (sadly, too much) - but the things that lead to relationship success can't be seen only in an image. Get to know the real person, always.
- Being ready is the first step: before you meet someone special, you need to first be truly ready for a relationship, not the other way around.
- Not all connections are love connections: dating can be frustrating if you're solely focused on meeting that special someone. Look at dating as a chance to meet new people and expand your social circle - added bonus: this will also dramatically improve your dating success.