Yes, the New Year has arrived – but sadly, one thing hasn’t changed: Vancouver’s reputation as as dating graveyard – a place you go if you want to stay single forever. And it must be true, because all the self-proclaimed ‘Vancouver Dating Experts’ say it is. Well we’ve got some happy news for you: Vancouver is a GREAT place to meet your someone special. But like all good things in life it doesn’t come easy. You need a strategy – and here it is:
- Be proactive: good things in life don’t necessarily come to those that wait. Putting yourself out there and meeting some new people is an essential element of finding someone special.
- Be positive: everyone wants to be with someone positive and fun. Practice your smile, and avoid negative topics once you have met someone new and interesting.
- Be the person you want to meet: in the world of matchmaking, likes often attract likes. Seek out activities and interests where you will find like minded people and your chances of meeting someone special will increase.
- Be bold: lose your fear of rejection and try approaching someone new when you are out with friends. You will be surprised by how positive the reaction will be to a friendly smile and ‘hello’ to a stranger.
- Mix it up: doing the same ‘ole things and expecting different results is a recipe for frustration; try going out in a new neighbourhood or a new restaurant/lounge; or go shopping in a new part of town.
- Forget the past and don’t stress about the future: when it comes to meeting someone new, think of every occasion as a fresh opportunity to connect with someone interesting. And when you do strike up a connection, keep it positive and fun… tell a funny holiday story!
- Hire a professional: you wouldn’t buy a house without some professional help, so why not try a professional dating service to help you in your search for a compatible relationship partner. Professional Matchmaking firms such as Executive Search Dating are bustling with high quality singles who are eager to meet some new people this year. Call us today at 604-462-8743 to find out more!