Science tells us this: good relationships keep us happier and healthier. Period. So what can you do to increase your chances of finding someone special? Start by adopting the right dating habits - here's 7 small habits that can make a BIG difference in your love life:
- Say yes: your love life isn't going to fix itself. Adopt the habit of saying yes to every social opportunity that comes your way. Your TV shows & laundry can wait, your love life can't (and shouldn't).
- More give less take: its easy sometimes to fall into the trap of expecting things to come to you. Don't. Ask yourself this: 'what can I do today to make someone feel good.' You'll be surprised how good it makes you feel.
- Focus on the journey not the destination: worrying about when you'll meet your perfect match is frustrating. Focus more on each step - start by spending some time each day thinking creatively about how you can meet someone new.
- Make a list, check it twice: start making a list of your creative ideas for meeting new people. Don't worry about how crazy the ideas are, and don't give up. After a while, you'll find a few ideas that were staring you in the face the whole time.
- Be the fisherman, not the fish: being proactive is the single most important change you can make to your dating approach. Check out some new events & neighborhoods, ask some friends to introduce you to some of their single friends, hire a matchmaker! You've nothing to lose but your single life.
- Be the person you want to meet: imagine your perfect match. Now, imagine what kind of person they'd be interested in meeting. Then, be that person. Take up a new activity, focus on your health, do some fun getaways, get happy! In love and in life, likes attract likes.
- Put on those rose-colored glasses: complaining about your love life, or Vancouver men/women will not help you find love. Find positive, fun things to talk about once you've met someone new. Smile! Laughter is a key to someones heart. Negativity is a lock.