Relationships can be hard work. But how do you know if its time to stick with it, or time for a change?
No relationship is perfect – but good relationships should make you feel secure, respected & happy much (if not most) of the time. Bad relationships make you feel drained, depleted & sometimes even distraught.
Here’s the 10 biggest relationship deal breakers you should be on the lookout for:
- Happiness matters: if someone is constantly making you unhappy, its a bad sign. No-one can expect to be cheery all the time, but being miserable all the time is no way to live either.
- Continuous disrespect: mutual respect is the first requirement of a good partnership. Without it, its hard to move forward – with it, the sky’s the limit.
- Lack of effort: if your partner makes little or no effort to look their best, it can be a bad sign. A constantly disheveled appearance can leave your relationship in the same state over time.
- Where’s the fun?: not everyone is blessed with an incredible sense of humor, or an adventurous spirit – but successful relationships work at it. If your relationship starts to feel like a job (you don’t like), it may be a sign of trouble ahead.
- The Passion Pit: intimacy & sex matters. It really matters. A relationship without a strong friendship at its core is likely to fail. But a friendship without a sex life is a friendship, not a relationship built to last.
- Insufficient support: if you cannot turn to each other, is there a reason to be in the relationship?
- Lack of communication: without communication, there is no relationship. Period.
- Feeling drained: if, instead of feeling happy and productive, you’re always mentally, emotionally, and even physically drained, it’s time to re-evaluate.
- Lack of trust: a relationship without trust is like a car without gas: You can stay in it all you want, but it won’t go anywhere.
- Never-ending drama: good relationships improve your life; they don’t make it messier.