Probably the most common question that the Proactive Matchmakers at Executive Search Dating are asked in the summer is: “How and where do you find so many high quality singles in Vancouver?”
A good question always deserves a good answer – here are 7 proven ways to meet your special someone this summer:
- The grouse grind: a veritable Vancouver singles institution. Coming up with a good approach line while huffing and puffing your way up a steep incline isn’t always easy; but the post climb mingling over a mountain top cocktail can be a great way to break the ice (and sweat).
- Dragon boat racing: a great way to meet other active singles and get in a workout at the same time. As an added bonus you can see how someone reacts in an intense team setting before committing to a first date!
- Jericho beach: a more laid back beach vibe; a great place for ‘come one, come all’ beach barbecues and Ultimate Frisbee games; a Vancouver summer mingling tradition.
- English bay: complete with a vibrant seawall and with Stanley Park right next door, always chock-a-block on a summer weekend with people of every size and shape from every corner and walk of life.
- Dog beach: yes, taking your dog for a walk CAN improve your social life. Connecting with someone new is always easier when you have something in common; and a love for animals is a good start.
- Co-ed volleyball: the summer beach volleyball season is a classic Vancouver tradition with a venue and tournament to fit every skill set; the casual co-ed leagues at Spanish Banks beach provide an inspiring setting to meet some new people.
- Outdoor summer music concerts: The Folk Fest, Deer Lake Park and Malkin Bowl offer optimal mingling opportunities for whatever your musical style and taste… from tie-dyed hippies all the way to chardonnay drinking sophisticates.