Summer seems custom made for romance: warm weather, sunshine, optimism. But what to do if you’re single, and missing that special someone to enjoy summer with?
Here’s the good news: summer in Vancouver is a great time to meet someone new. Here’s how:
- Be ready, part 1: summer means outdoor activities, less clothing and healthy living. If you’ve been thinking of losing a few pounds, hitting the gym, refreshing your wardrobe, or watching what you eat, now would be a great time to start!
- Be ready, part 2: looking and feeling your best is a great first step, but in the world of ‘meeting someone new’ someone has to make the first approach – let it be you. Like all important things in life, practice helps, so get in front of a mirror and practice saying ‘hi’ to new people. You’ll be surprised how quickly this can turn your single life around. You have nothing to lose but your single life.
- Get outside: when the weather is warm, you’ll find more people outside then inside. Grab a friend who’s social and talkative and good at meeting new people and head down to the seawall, the beach, or Granville Island and put your newly honed approaching skills to good use.
- Take a bike: Vancouver has become a bikers mecca with many new bike lanes giving you access to all parts of the city. Take your bike (or rent one) down to Gastown or Main St. on a sunny evening, stopping along the way at coffee shops or cafes that have a warm, friendly atmosphere. Unlike ‘pub crawls’, ‘cafe crawls’ won’t leave you feeling any ill effects the next morning.
- Go Cupid hunting: The arrival of summer also means the arrival of Executive Search Dating’s famed ‘Cupids Strike Force’. If you spot a team of our Cupids downtown in orange t-shirts and clipboards, come up and say ‘hi’ and they’ll headhunt you for a free date with someone who’s a great fit for you. For more details, call Executive Search Dating today at 604-462-8743.