If you’re looking for a relationship, online dating apps can be frustrating. Endless first dates that seem to lead nowhere.
But maybe its not your fault. Maybe its even a good thing?
The path the dating success is never a straight line. Even if it was, you’d never learn anything about yourself along the way.
Stop blaming yourself. You just need a new dating approach. Its simple, and here it is:
- Mix it up: doing the same things over & over again and expecting a different result is a recipe for dating frustration. Stop swiping & put your phone down; get yourself out there and try something new: attend a fun event with a friend, or a summer music festival, or a hit a local hotspot in a new part of town. You’ve nothing to lose but your single life.
- Be the hunter, and you’ll soon be hunted: waiting around for Mr or Ms Right to come up and say hi is not likely to work. When you’re out socially – or even on a coffee break outside – smile, be friendly and strike up conversations with people around you (singles, couples, young & old alike). Its called conversational momentum and it’ll make you and those around you feel a whole lot better.
- Be the person you want to meet: if you’re looking for someone active, get in shape. If you’re looking for someone outdoorsy, join a hiking club. If you’re looking for someone kind & friendly, be kind & friendly to others. Its not rocket science – heck, its not even science – its common sense, and it works.
- Be the most positive person in the room: when you are on a date, avoid negative topics at all costs. Be fun, be happy, tell some funny or interesting stories – focus on making your date have the time of their lives. It may not lead you to a relationship right away, buts its a great start.
- Hire a professional: you wouldn’t buy a house on your own would you? So who says dating has to be a ‘Do-it-yourself’ project. Professional matchmaking services (like Executive Search Dating) are booming these days for a reason – they work! Contact us today to learn more.