Executive Search Dating, the Vancouver dating service for singles and professionals, wants to help Vancouver singles meet their special someone this holiday season. “The holidays can be a great time to meet someone new,” says Paddi Rice, President and Matchmaker-in-Chief of Executive Search Dating.
“The holiday season is THE ‘perfect storm’ of good tidings for local singles,” Says Rice. “Firstly, its peak season for parties of every shape and size; plus everyone is in a friendly mood and open to meeting new people.”
Here are Executive Search Dating’s top 5 ways to meet someone special this holiday season:
1. More Santa less Scrooge: holi-dating success begins with a positive attitude. Be jolly, and practice saying ‘Merry Christmas’ to new people. It’s the best approach line of the year!
2. Carve out some time for yourself: don’t fill up your holiday calendar with just family and work events; make some time to attend events where you are likely to meet some NEW people too.
3. Join in all the reindeer games: Christmas parties tend to bring out a wider variety of singles than you might otherwise meet. Tag along to a friends Christmas event and ask them to introduce you to some interesting and well connected people.
4. Be the Christmas party you wish to attend: invite some friends to your place, and ask them to bring some single friends… house parties are one of THE best ways to meet new people in Vancouver.
5. Meet in December, date in January: making new connections in December is fun, but trying to arrange a date can be challenging. Plan your first date in January, which will give you both something to be excited about after the holiday season is over.