Dating is like a good book – without a good beginning you may never make it to the end. No you should never lie, but you also don’t have to tell ‘the whole story’ on a first date.
The key to successful dating – and to finding your special someone – is striking the right balance on a first date: telling each other about yourselves without getting into too many ‘complicated’ details.
Here’s the list of things you should and shouldn’t reveal on a first date:
- SHOULD: what you feel passionate about.
- SHOULDN’T: what you really dislike.
- SHOULD: what are some activities you enjoy doing, and doing together with someone.
- SHOULDN’T: why you broke up with your Ex, or past relationships in general.
- SHOULD: what subjects you enjoy talking about and why.
- SHOULDN’T: things that annoy you about people.
- SHOULD: what you do for a living and why you got into that line of work.
- SHOULDN’T: why you hate your job.
- SHOULD: what qualities you admire or enjoy in people.
- SHOULDN’T: whether you want a family and/or how many kids you’d like to have.