Sometimes, the solution to your lousy love life is staring right back at you in the mirror. Dress for success on your date. No, looks aren't everything, but first impressions matter - especially when you're meeting someone for the first time. Why should you care what you wear on a date? Here's why, and what happens if you don't:
- Your first impression may be your last: what you wear speaks volumes about you, whether you like it or not. Its far harder to overcome a bad first impression than it is to keep a good first impression going. Looking your best will increase the chances of a 2nd date; not doing so will likely eliminate it.
- How are you feeling?: one of the most powerful aphrodisiacs (for men and women) is meeting someone who's confident & happy with who they are - and dressing up makes you feel that way. If you're not used to dressing up - try it one time & see the effect it has on your date. Looking & feeling good is easy to get used to.
- Who cares?: how you dress sends another important message to your date - they matter to you. When you dress your best, you send an unspoken message to your date that you respect them & are serious about getting to know them. Dressing overly casually sends the reverse message. Which do you think is more likely to lead to a 2nd date?
- You are what you prepare for: dressing up for your date prepares you for a successful date. As you decide what to wear, you'll naturally be thinking about your date - which will get you excited, and maybe even a little bit nervous. Showing up disheveled on a date will have you back home alone in no time at all.
- All in due time: you may prefer casual attire - and that's fine. There'll be plenty of time to dress casually with your special someone, but your first date together is not that time. Look at it this way: under-dressing on your dates will lead to LESS 2nd dates and MORE 1st dates (which you'll eventually have to start dressing up for). Dressing your best will lead to many more dates with that one special person, where you can both dress however you like. Any questions?