Tired of being single on Valentine’s Day? Leave the hunting to us! Enter to win two free hand selected matches from Executive Search Dating. Package also includes free consultations with an Executive Search Dating Matchmaker AND our Dating And Image Coach. Hurry, contest closes soon!
Do you dread being dateless on Valentine’s Day? Fear not, say the Professional Matchmakers at Executive Search Dating, Vancouver’s premier dating service for busy professionals!
“Dating is one of those rare activities where you get better results when you are having fun doing it” says Paddi Rice, President and Founder of Executive Search Dating “So avoiding the pressure of Valentine’s Day and turning into a fun night is a good way to ready yourself for dating happiness.”
Here are Executive Search Dating’s Top 10 Valentine’s Day dating do’s and don’ts for Vancouver Singles:
- Chill out: if you don’t have anyone special in your life at the moment, use it as a chance to connect with some other singles friends for something fun. Who knows, you may even run into Cupid.
- Ski Cupid: hit the slopes on Valentine’s Day evening for an outdoor adventure. Cypress Mountain night skiing is a Vancouver winter classic.
- Beer My Valentine’s: try some beer and chocolate samplings at the Granville Island taproom at this annual event. Perfect for those that want to inject some fun into their lives.
- Love thy Canucks: kick the Valentine’s Day blues by watching our beloved Vancouver Canucks beat up on The (St. Louis) Blues on Valentine’s Day evening… puck drop 5pm!
- Get headhunted!: Executive Search Dating’s famous ‘Cupids Strike Force’ will be out in the downtown core on Valentines’ Day week, headhunting eligible singles. Look for the girls in orange!
- Bad Valentine’s Day Movie night: poke fun at the big day by inviting a few single friends over and watching 2010’s ‘Valentine’s Day’ or 2009’s ‘I Hate Valentine’s Day’… both cringe worthy classics.
- Rush it: just because its Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you need to hit the fast forward button on a budding romance… getting to know each other at a pace that feels natural is more important than feeling compelled to make the earth move on Valentine’s Day.
- Go into debt: splurging on an overpriced, mediocre meal is no fun. Keep it simple but meaningful; try flowers and a nice card for your sweetheart, then head out to a local venue for some live music.
- Lead someone on: having dinner with a friend of the opposite sex can be a nice antidote to the stress of Valentine’s Day, but be sure that he or she knows its only as friends if you suspect they may want more.
- Be depressed: after all, Valentine’s Day is the unofficial start to the spring dating season, the BEST time of the year to meet someone new!
With the holiday season behind them, many Vancouver singles are putting ‘finding a compatible relationship partner’ at the top of their 2011 New Year’s Resolutions list. Here are 5 New Year’s resolutions to help you find someone special this year:
- Be proactive: good things in life don’t necessarily come to those that wait. Putting yourself out there and meeting some new people is an essential element of finding someone special.
- Be bold: lose your fear of rejection and try approaching someone new when you are out with friends. You will be surprised by how positive the reaction will be to a friendly smile and ‘hello’ to a stranger.
- Mix it up: doing the same ‘ole things and expecting different results is a recipe for frustration; try going out in a new neighbourhood or a new restaurant/lounge; or go shopping in a new part of town.
- Forget the past and don’t stress about the future: when it comes to meeting someone new, think of every occasion as a fresh opportunity to connect with someone interesting. And when you do strike up a connection, keep it positive and fun… tell a funny holiday story!
- Hire a professional: you wouldn’t buy a house without some professional help, so why not try a professional dating service to help you in your search for a compatible relationship partner. Professional Matchmaking firms such as Executive Search Dating are bustling with high quality singles who are eager to meet some new people this year. Call us today to find out more!