It may not feel like it, but spring has arrived and summer’s just around the corner! In this interview with Executive Search Dating President Paddi Rice, he explains why this is such a great time to meet someone new:
In the world of dating, and in life, quality often comes with a price. But are professional dating services REALLY worth the additional investment vs. cheaper options such as online dating?
Here are 4 things to consider when deciding whether a professional dating service is for you:
- Professional Dating Services: meet, interview and screen matches before selecting them for you.
- Online dating: no screening or 3rd party verification of personal details provided.
- Professional Dating Services: do not share your personal contact details or post your photos online. You get to meet someone they have selected for you in a casual setting before deciding whether to share your contact details or not.
- Online dating: you typically share your contact details and/or post your photo online before meeting someone.
- Compatibility of matches:
- Professional Dating Services: a matchmaker will select someone for you that has the qualities you are looking for, and vice versa.
- Online dating: you can review someone’s profile but its not always an accurate description of who they are. You typically compensate for this by going on more dates and accepting the fact that relatively few will be ‘good matches’.
- Time savings:
- Professional Dating Services: typically take care of all the date arrangements for you. This is one reason why such services are popular for ‘busy singles and professionals’.
- Online dating: you arrange the dates yourself once you have exchanged contact details with your ‘match’.
It is often speculated that men and women want very different things in a relationship partner. In fact, the opposite is true.
A key element, often overlooked however, is a term we like to call ‘relationship readiness’. That is, when a man or woman is at the stage of their life where they are looking for a long term relationship, their ‘checklist’ of criteria is often quite similar. If, on the other hand, that person is not seriously looking for a relationship, then their ‘checklist’ of criteria can be quite different and is often focused on purely superficial qualities such as ‘looks’. This is one reason why meeting people in bars or online can be a frustrating way to go if you are looking for a relationship partner, since not everyone there is looking for something serious.
Here is a list of qualities that ‘relationship ready’ men and women BOTH look for in a date partner:
- Attractiveness: you find them physically attractive.
- Personality: you enjoy their personality; they make you laugh or at least find you funny.
- Good conversational skills: you have good and stimulating conversations.
- Positive: they smile and are fun to be around
- Relationship readiness: the person seems open and positive about relationships.
In dating, and in life, repeating the same methods and expecting different results rarely leads to success. Here are some creative ways to meet someone new and introduce some NEW spark into your dating life:
- Throw a party: spring is a great time to have a party… invite some friends and have them bring some single friends.
- Music connection: checking out a band you like at a local venue is a great way to meet like-minded music lovers.
- Shop around: pick up your weekly groceries in a different neighbourhood and say hi to someone new that you run into.
- Catch Canuck Fever: catch a Vancouver Canucks playoff game at one of the many sports lounges in town. Bonus points if you are wearing Canucks blue. Raise a toast to someone new whenever our team scores!
- Break free from your comfort zone: Vancouver dating services are booming for a reason; because many Vancouver singles use them! Whether its attending a singles event or hiring a professional matchmaking service, you have nothing to lose but your single life.
- Be approachable: when you are out with friends and you spot someone interesting (or someone interesting has spotted you), smile and say hello. No method of meeting someone new will work unless someone says hello!
- The Grouse Grind: a great way to meet other active singles and get a workout in as well!