You’re newly single & ready to meet someone new – but how?
Step 1: learn the dating myths – then ignore them.
Step 2: learn the dating truths – then follow them.
But how do you separate dating fact from fiction?
Start by ignoring these 5 dating myths & transform your love life in the process:
- I’ve been out of the dating scene for too long: nonsense. In fact, if you’re relatively new to dating many singles would consider that a plus (compared with someone who’s achieved dating burnout). Stop worrying about what ‘they’ will say, and focus on that person right in front of you instead.
- I’m too old to date: says who? Have you heard the one about how dating is only for 20 somethings? Well, its wrong. Believe it or not, the fastest growing demographics for active singles are the 40 & 50 somethings & beyond! It doesn’t matter how old or young you are, but do focus on meeting someone in your own age bracket – that’ll typically get you the best results, especially if you’re looking for something long term.
- Online dating apps are the only option out there: online dating apps are fine if you’re looking for something casual, or if you’re open to meeting all sorts of people in a short period of time. If that’s not you, then try some other methods: hire a matchmaker, attend some single meetup groups, or visit some new places with a few friendly friends. You’ve nothing to lose but your single life.
- There’s no good single men/women left: the number of single men and women in this or any other city is approximately the same as its ever been. You don’t need thousands of singles – just that one special someone will do. Call our Matchmakers and tell them what you’re looking for and we’ll prove it to you.
- The dating odds are not in my favor: here’s the funny thing about dating odds – single women often think they greatly outnumber the single men & single men feel they outnumber the single women. Your best bet? Forget about the odds – put yourself out there & your odds of meeting someone will improve. Dramatically.