With the Vancouver summer weather finally here to stay, the patios, parks and seawalls of our fair city are filled with incredible singles looking to connect with like minded people. Here are some tips on why summer in Vancouver is a great time to meet someone new, and where you can find that special someone:
- Outdoor activity weather: Vancouverites are well known for their love of the outdoors in any type of weather. Having said that, warm and sunny weather brings people out in large numbers offering ample opportunity to meet someone new.
- Positive energy: nothing brings out a positive frame of mind more than a warm and sunny day. Take advantage of the weather to introduce yourself to someone new that you meet… a smile and a friendly ‘hello’ is all you need.
- Time = Availability: single professionals are often hard to find during the peak business times, but may businesses slow down in the summer time. This gives professional singles more time to socialize AND more time to date if you meet someone interesting.
- Sports: the summer beach volleyball, ultimate and dragon boat seasons are now in full swing. Whatever your particular sporting preference, meeting people who share that same activity can be a great way to start.
- Road trips: once you have met someone new, summer is the best time for day trips to explore any of Vancouver’s many outdoor attractions from Lighthouse Park, to Bowen Island to Grouse Mountain.