Valentine’s Day is almost here, a day that brings joy and fear to the hearts of Vancouver singles and couples alike.
1. Meaning over money: if you’re in a relationship, there’s no need to break the bank with an overly expensive gift. Keep it simple – a nice hand written card, chocolates, or a nice dinner at home. When gifting, meaning means more than money.
2. Don’t force it: if there’s no-one special in your life at the moment, avoid doing or saying something on Valentine’s Day that you wouldn’t say on any other day, like ‘I do’!
3. Opportunity knocks: on the other hand, if there is someone you’re interested in (romantically or otherwise) it can be a nice time to ask them out for lunch or a casual drink. Many singles dread being alone on Valentine’s Day so you just might get a ‘yes’.
4. Take back Valentine’s Day: who says Valentine’s Day is only for couples… invite some singles friends over, or head out for a few drinks in a new neighbourhood. Who knows, you might connect with a fellow Valentine’s Day refugee!
5. Get ready to ‘spring’: if you are single and dateless on Valentine’s Day, don’t sweat it. The end of Valentine’s Day heralds the beginning of spring, THE best time of the year to meet someone new!