Have you ever thought to yourself “My dating life is going great!” then asked yourself: “But why am I still single?”
Sometimes, dating isn’t fair. You may feel like your dates are going fantastic, yet when you follow up for a second date – they’re not interested.
Self-awareness is key. Here’s 5 signs your dating approach isn’t working, and how to fix it – fast!
- Check please: if you find your dates ending before they really get started, its a sign you’re not making a connection. Try talking about something they’re interested in – if you’re not sure what that is, ask them!
- Boring: if you’re finding all your dates boring – maybe the problem isn’t them? Everyone’s boring when they’re not engaged – find something to trigger them into feeling a positive emotion: perhaps a sincere compliment or a personal story.
- Distracted dating: if you find your dates are often distracted and not really paying attention to you, it’s time to mix things up – ask an engagement question (a question that requires a response) or ask about a current hot topic, movies, music… anything that gets them focused on you and not their phone, or the waiter/waitress.
- One & done: if you’re not getting many 2nd or 3rd dates, it’s a sign you need to re-think your first date strategy. Come prepared & focused on getting your first date off to a great start, and don’t hesitate to ask for a 2nd date right then & there – you may never get a better chance.
- Missing chemistry: you can’t always control chemistry, but there’s a few things you can do to maximize the chances you’ll have it: make an effort to look your best on your date, put on some nice cologne/perfume, and be truly into the person you’re with. Everyone wants to be appreciated, and when someone feels that you care, they’re much more likely to give you a second chance even if they don’t feel immediate sparks.