First dates, particularly successful first dates, are an important part of the dating process which will ultimately lead you towards a compatible RELATIONSHIP. Here are some tips on how to get the best results from your first dates:
- Turn the cell phone off: being polite never goes out of style. That phone call can surely wait.
- Be on time: arriving late is a good way to make a bad first impression.
- Dress to impress: taking the time to dress nicely for your date is a sign of respect AND makes you look good! First impressions can make or sometimes break a first date.
- Be interested and interesting: aim to spend equal time talking and listening. Keep the conversation relatively light and fun. There will be time for more serious issues on the 2nd or 3rd dates.
- Don’t play games: if you are interested in another date, then say so. If not, don’t lead the other person on. In either occasion, being honest will leave the person with the best possible image of you.