Do you ever feel like the dating odds are stacked against you?
Finding your perfect match seems so random – like a game of chance, or a pure numbers game. You’re awesome, so why is it so hard to find someone equally awesome?
The truth is you might be your own worst enemy – here’s 7 bad habits you need to change (and quick!) to get your love life back on track:
- Your routine won’t love you back: as you get older, you tend to fall into the same old routines – whether that be Netflix at home alone with your cat, or long walks in the park by yourself. Try inserting a few new routines, ones that involve contact with other people.
- Negative Nate/Nelly: it’s easy to become convinced that there’s no good single men (or women) left in Vancouver, and to fill your conversations with such negative talk. This is a classic self-fulfilling prophecy – focusing on the positive will get you far better results.
- The dating vicious cycle: if you’ve been dating for a while you can become frustrated, and start your dates off by venting about it. This will almost certainly ensure that this particular cycle will not only continue, but accelerate.
- Fear the known: its great to have a warm circle of friends & family, and this becomes increasingly important as you get older. But be sure you’re not spending all your time with people you know & love – make time to meet people you don’t yet know, but may grow to love.
- The waiting game: waiting for Mr. or Ms. Right to come walking into your living room is a sure-fire way to ensure your love life will be stuck in a rut. Be proactive, try some new dating methods – hire a matchmaker!
- (Don’t) Let it go: when you’re not happy in your personal life, its tempting to ‘let yourself go’ & not take care of yourself. Try the reverse approach – channel your dating frustration into a renewed focus on your health – you’ll be surprised the effect it will have on you & others.
- Be the person you want to meet: stop waiting for the right person to come to you and start being that person – take up some new activities, check out a new neighborhood or hot spot, get healthier: In love and in life, likes attract likes.