Gift giving is a big part of the holiday season magic for many Vancouver singles, but what is an appropriate gift for someone that you have just started dating?
The key, according to the Matchmakers at Executive Search Dating, is to find a gift that strikes a nice balance between showing someone that you care, while not ‘overdoing’ it. Here are 7 holiday gift ideas for Vancouver singles:
- The classics: flowers and/or chocolates are classic gift ideas for a reason – everyone loves receiving them!
- Simple but sweet: a nice bottle of local wine, or a BC wine guide for a wine lover, is a nice way to give a gift that you can both enjoy.
- The gift of no gift: a simple or hand-made card with a personal note is a nice touch, and one that captures the true essence of the holidays – substance over shiny.
- A Grouse Mountain mini-getaway: a half day trip to Grouse Mountain complete with gondola ride, ice skating on the mountain top ice pond, followed by a warm drink and panoramic views of the city is a Vancouver holidating classic.
- Make a gift an event: tickets to a holiday concert or a music artist that you’ll both enjoy is always welcome. Try the VSO Christmas Concert for something truly special.
- Hit the slopes: a day of skiing, snowboarding or snowshoeing at one of the local mountains is a great way to get some fresh air AND have some fun. Cap it off with a cup of mulled wine in front of a warm fireplace.
- A Christmas Market visit: check out the Vancouver Christmas Market located on the Plaza at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre; a decorated outdoor Christmas village, handmade gifts and carolers are sure to add some Christmas cheer to your burgeoning romance!