No other method of meeting singles in Vancouver generates as much press (positive and negative) as online dating. People are usually in two camps: those that like it, and those that don't. Whichever camp you are in, be on guard for these telltale 'online dating danger signs':
- Dating feels like a second job: when dating begins to feel like work, it's a sure sign that poor dating results will follow.
- More bad dates than good: not every date can or should be a perfect match, but when you are having more bad dates than good dates it's a sign that something needs to change.
- Dating dread: meeting someone new should make you feel excited... if you are dreading it, it will likely show.
- Misrepresentation: meeting people who are quite different from the profiles they presented to you online is not a good way to start a date, or a relationship for that matter.
- No connection: if you are having a hard time actually meeting anyone in person, or if you are meeting people but not getting to a second date, it may be time to re-think your strategy.
- Where is the fun?: dating can and should be fun. In fact, having fun and projecting a positive attitude is an essential element of successful dating. If online dating has stopped being fun and enjoyable, take a break from it for a while.
- Dating drop-out: continued online dating frustration can lead some to give up on dating altogether... our suggestion: don't give up on dating - try a different method (such as a personalized matchmaking service like Executive Search Dating).