If you’ve been dating someone for a while, maybe its time you stopped – and started getting serious. You’re ready for a relationship, but endless dating can be a drag. So how do you know if that person you’ve been seeing is really ‘The One’. Start by asking yourself this: “Are they in Love with me?” But how do you know? Here’s 7 signs:
- They look at you … a lot: its called ‘the look of love’ for a reason. Harvard researchers found that couples in love look at one another 75% of the time when talking (versus 30 – 60% for normal couples).
- They have fun with you even if the task at hand is not fun, per se: its not what you do, its who you’re with. If you have fun together while doing distinctly ‘unfun’ stuff (painting a house, moving, etc.), it means they’re happy to be with you.
- They pay more attention to you: in this busy world of ours, people make time for things that are truly important to them. If that thing is you, its a very good sign.
- They show empathy — in good times and bad: when someone sympathizes with you, they’re being a good friend. But when someone empathizes with you its a sign of love. Your pain (and happiness) is their pain and happiness too.
- They remember the little things: when someone remembers the little things – maybe even things you’ve forgotten yourself – its a sign of love. Your favorite food, movie, color or even your favorite wine – no small detail escapes someone in love.
- They introduce you to the important people in their lives: if you want to know how someone feels about you, look at who they introduce you too. If its people who are very special to them (ie. family, long term friends, etc.), it means you’re in that group now too.
- They often mention the future: when someone stops saying ‘me’, and starts saying ‘we’, its a sign that they’re thinking of the future (with you). If that’s not a great sign, I don’t know what is.