Meeting the ‘right person’ is an important element in establishing a successful relationship. Equally important, however, is your own ‘readiness’ to meet that someone special.
Here are 7 classic signs of relationship readiness:
- Dating burnout: does dating begin to feel like ‘groundhog day’, repeating the same old stories about yourself over and over to someone new that you have just met?
- Quest for meaningfulness: do you feel an increasing desire to share meaningful moments with someone special?
- Future planning: do you start thinking about sharing the future (home, family, summer holiday plans, etc.) with someone special?
- Tired of the bar scene and online dating: do you start to think more about quality vs. quantity; ie. dating less but dating more compatible matches?
- More than just looks: do you desire a romantic partner that not only physically attracts you, but who also has other qualities that draw you together (shared family values, intellectual curiosity, education, etc.)?
- In your thoughts: do you find yourself thinking about someone frequently, and consciously making plans which involve them?
- Mutual admiration: do you admire someone and truly value their opinions on important matters in your life?
If you’ve answered yes to some or all of these questions, you are relationship ready!