You’re single & ready to find your relationship – but where to start?
Here’s the truth: where you start doesn’t matter. Any road will take you there, you just need the right strategy to find your special someone.
Here’s 7 simple strategies to help you find love:
1. THE ‘YOU’LL FIND LOVE WHEN YOU’RE NOT LOOKING’ APPROACH MAY BE WRONG: that’s like saying, “You’ll find a job when you’re least looking for it,” it’s possible, but rarely happens. Be proactive!
2. GO WHERE PEOPLE LIKE THE SAME THINGS YOU LIKE: you can skip singles events if you don’t like them, but you have to go where you can meet people. Join social groups or meet-ups; be a worker bee in a cause you believe in; get involved in political parties. At the very least, you’re doing something you like and at the very best, you’ll meet somebody like-minded.
3. DON’T SEEK ROMANCE, SEEK PARTNERSHIP: romance is for dates, and it’s fun to have on occasion in your marriage, but it’s partnership that will get you through the rough times. Don’t look for someone who sweeps you off your feet. Look for someone who likes give-and-take, who seeks your opinion and considers it, who cares about what you want, too.
4. HAPPY PEOPLE ATTRACT PEOPLE: maybe the biggest issue in not being able to find love is that you’re not feeling good about yourself. Like yourself and like your life — really work on that. You have to be the person that you’d want to meet. If you’re not a happy, positive, self-confident person, you cut your chances of being in the right space for the right kind of person.
5. INSTANT SEXUAL ATTRACTION OFTEN FADES: most good love is a slow burn — it takes a while to develop. Attraction is important, but you don’t have to feel it right away since that instant spark is more about lust and less about the stuff of real relationships. Emotion can change and deepen over time so give people a fair shot.
6. BEWARE OF THE ‘OPPOSITES ATTRACT’ THEORY: opposites attract at first, but they’ll likely face major friction points down the road. Like-minded people actually make for easier and healthy long-term relationships. The more you see eye-to-eye on, the less there is to argue and compromise about.
7. HIRE A PROFESSIONAL: who says you have to go it alone? If you’re too busy to meet people on your own – or just not meeting the right type of person – consider hiring a professional matchmaker. You’ve nothing to lose but your single life! Contact us today at: ExecutiveSearchDating.com to learn more.