Valentine’s Day has arrived, a day of romance for lovers everywhere. But if you’re single, Valentine’s Day is also a reminder that it’s time to freshen up your love life as 2017 begins.
This year, let Cupid’s big day be the starting point of the new & improved you. Here’s 7 ways to make you irresistible this Valentine’s Day!:
- Learn to flirt better: Vancouver can be an unfriendly city at times, let’s face it. But follow this simple 3-step flirting formula and you’ll be meeting someone new before you know it:
- Visit some new hotspots, together with a few fun friends.
- Make and hold eye contact for 2 or 3 seconds with someone you like.
- If they reciprocate, say ‘hello’. Yes, it’s really that easy.
- Make an effort to look your best: look at every occasion that you’re out as a chance to meet someone new. Ditch the jean jacket & yoga pants and put on something nice. You’ll never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression.
- Become a better listener: everybody wants to spend time with someone that makes them feel special. Learn the skill of active listening and your dance card will be full before you know it.
- Be energetic: people are naturally drawn to someone with high energy. When you’re out socially: be engaged, be friendly, be fun… smile! Its nature’s aphrodisiac.
- Be positive: being positive & optimistic is a choice. Choose happiness & happiness will find you.
- Take care of yourself: make 2017 the year that you stick with your ‘get-healthy’ New Year’s resolutions all year long. It’ll make you feel & look better, and more confident too – a very sexy quality indeed.
- Be creative (The Wayne Gretzky Rule Of Dating): Gretzky famously said “I don’t go to where the puck is, I go where its going to be.” Translated into dating speak: “Don’t just pursue singles that everyone is looking at, look for the quiet, hidden gems that may have been overlooked by others. Sometimes the best quality singles you’ll meet in person aren’t great at “dating” or self-promotion, and they don’t use social media.