Are you ready to find your relationship in 2018? Then its time to stop waiting & start finding. Dating can be frustrating, particularly if you're looking for something serious & too busy for online dating apps. The secret to meeting your special someone in 2018 isn't dating more, its dating better. Here's 8 common-sense New Years dating resolutions to help you find your special someone in 2018:
- Be proactive: good things in life don’t necessarily come to those that wait. Putting yourself out there and meeting some new people is an essential element of finding someone special.
- Put your phone down: in today's digital-obsessed world, its easy to confuse online & social media connections for real connections - don't. Whenever & however you meet 'The One', it'll happen when you meet them in person.
- Hire a professional: you wouldn’t buy a house without some professional help, so why not try a personalized matchmaking service (like Executive Search Dating) to help you find your special someone. You've nothing to lose but your single life! Contact us today to get things started.
- Be positive: everyone wants to be with someone positive and fun. Practice your smile, and avoid negative topics once you have met someone new and interesting.
- Be the person you want to meet: in the world of matchmaking, likes often attract likes. Seek out activities and interests where you will find like-minded people and your chances of meeting someone special will increase.
- Be bold: lose your fear of rejection and try approaching someone new when you are out with friends. You will be surprised by how positive the reaction will be to a friendly smile and ‘hello’ to a stranger - yes, ESPECIALLY in Vancouver!
- Mix it up: doing the same ‘ole things and expecting different results is a recipe for frustration; try going out in a new neighbourhood or a new restaurant/lounge; or go shopping in a new part of town.
- Forget the past and don’t stress about the future: when it comes to meeting someone new, think of every occasion as a fresh opportunity to connect with someone interesting. And when you do strike up a connection, keep it positive and fun… tell a fun holiday story!