Have you ever been on a date where things went wrong, but you couldn't figure out why? Or a date where you thought things went great, but when you called your date the next day they told you they weren't interested in seeing you again? Well it happens. Sometimes chemistry happens for one person but not the other. But sometimes, just sometimes, there are warning signs. Learn how to read these 8 warning signs, and you may just turn a bad date into a good date, and on to a second date and beyond:
- Re-scheduling: in life, particularly for a busy person, things sometime come up last minute, forcing you to re-schedule. But if your date is constantly changing plans last minute, it may be a sign that they're not really that interested.
- Late, not great: if your date shows up late without a good excuse, it's a sign that they're probably not that into it.
- Disengaged: if your date is not really engaging in conversation, or simply seems to be distant - it's likely that they are just not into you.
- Distracted: when your date is spending more time chatting to the wait staff, or worse yet checking them out, it sends a message that they're more interested in the wait staff than they are in you.
- Not listening: if your date keeps talking over you, or clearly isn't listening to what you're saying, it shows they're not really interested in you.
- No questions: if your date is happy to talk about themselves, but doesn't ask you even one question about yourself, it shows an overall lack of interest.
- Yawning: a yawn is nature's way of showing that someone is bored.
- Arguing: if you find yourself in heated arguments with your date, particularly on a first or second date, it's pretty much a given that things aren't going well.