6 Fixable Flaws That Are Holding You Back From Dating Success
April 25, 2023
If you’ve been single for a while it’s easy to become frustrated with the dating scene – particularly if you’re a busy single or professional who’s ready for a relationship.
But you might be surprised to learn this: dating success has far more to do with YOUR actions than on the available pool of compatible singles.
It may be time to fine tune your dating approach, start by avoiding these 6 common mistakes:
- Checklist dating: nothing will turn your date off faster than feeling that they’re being interviewed. Yes, having dating criteria is important, but being open to meeting a wide variety of people will maximize your chances of a true connection.
- Just another meeting: treating your dates like business meetings can seem like a normal thing to do, particularly if you’re a single professional. But here’s the problem with this approach – it can make your date feel like a business meeting, and who ever wanted a business meeting to go on forever?
- Less me more you: focusing more on your date than on your own feelings – particularly on a first or second date – will dramatically increase your chances of dating success. If your date is having a good time, you will too (and vice versa).
- The 10 second rule: deciding right away whether you like someone will likely mean you’ll miss out on the one that’s truly a great match for you. Chemistry is important, but true chemistry is not just physical. Take your time, you have nothing to lose but your single life.
- Self control: when you do meet someone you’re really interested in, try not to overdo it on a first date. Avoid drinking too much or trying too hard to ‘close the deal’… if the dates going well, propose a 2nd date right there and then – there’ll never be a better time to get a ‘yes’.
- Follow through: if you’ve met someone you like, don’t let them slip through the cracks because you’re too busy. There’s nothing more important to your dating success than staying true to your word – let your date know you’re interested in seeing them again, then make it happen. Your future happiness depends on it.