There's only one thing more frustrating than a bad first date - a great first date that leads nowhere! If you've been single & dating for a while, its easy to focus too much on the first date - and not enough on what happens next. Here's exactly what you should do to turn a successful first date into a 2nd & 3rd date, and beyond:
- At the end of the first date: ask for a second date - you'll never have a better chance!
- Right after the date: text them later that same day (or first thing the next day) and tell them how much you enjoyed yourself & that you're looking forward to your next date.
- Within the next few days: text (or call) them and suggest a few options for your 2nd date - be sure to also say you're open to their suggestions too.
- After the 2nd and/or 3rd date: if things are going well, keep the momentum going - be in touch soon after your dates with some suggestions for your next get together. Mix it up - once you've met a few times for drinks or dinner, suggest a walk along the seawall, an activity you'll both enjoy (hiking, a trip to the aquarium, visiting a museum, etc.), or even a fun day trip to a local town or island.
- The next step: if things are going well, stop dating other people and focus on seeing this person exclusively. There are times to keep your dating options open (ie. when you've just started dating), but this isn't one of those times. Focus!