Success in life (and love) rarely comes easy. The key is to avoid repeating the same bad dating habits that you’ve been trying over and over without success.
Your first step to dating success – and finding your special someone – is to eliminate these unsuccessful dating habits. Here’s how:
- Virtual love: online dating and dating apps are popular these days, but avoid limiting yourself to online dating alone. Attend some single-friendly events with a friend, visit a new neighborhood and practice saying hello to some new people. Real connections happen in the real world.
- The numbers game: if you’re not meeting any new people, that’s a problem. But, likewise, if you’re meeting lots and lots of people through online dating and dating apps, you’ll likely end up in the same place – single and frustrated. Be selective in which services you use. Ideally target services that do at least some screening of matches.
- Checklist dating: no-one likes being interviewed, especially on a first date. Leave your dating checklist at home and focus on having an enjoyable time on your date. Always remember: a 2nd or 3rd date is a much better time to tell if someone’s a good match for you.
- The waiting game: waiting for your perfect match to magically appear is rarely a good strategy. Being proactive is your best best. Try some new activities, take a co-ed cooking or dancing class, host a party and ask your friends to invite their single friends – mix up your routine! Remember the words of that famous matchmaker Albert Einstein: “The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result.”
- D.I.Y. dating: if you’re a busy single or professional, you don’t always have time for the bar scene or online dating. Try a personalized matchmaking service like Executive Search Dating. We’ll meet you in person, then find singles that are right for you. Call us today at 604-462-8743 to learn more!