Does your dating life feel like a 2nd job? If you answered ‘yes’ – or even ‘sometimes’ – you’re on the wrong track.
To find your someone special, you need to make a lasting impression when you first meet them. But how? Well, its not what you say – its what you ask.
Here’s 5 questions that’ll help you turn a first date into a true connection.
- How did you meet your best friend, and whats the best thing about them?: this question allows someone to open up about themselves, without actually talking about themselves. Typically, we mirror what we admire – so they’ll likely share a similar quality.
- What’s your favorite place in the world, and why?: asking someone this will almost certainly put a smile on their face – on a first date, that’s a great start. It’ll also transport them away to a place that makes them happy; then they’ll tell you why it makes them happy. Any questions?
- What’s the one country you’ve always wanted to visit, and why do you want to go there?: staying on the travel theme – but instead of a place they know and love, a place they’ve always wanted to go to. Aside from keeping the positive vibe going, it can also be revealing – if they’re dying to do a two month African safari, and you’ve never traveled off the beaten path, this might be a topic worth exploring.
- What’s the most fun job you’ve ever had?: talking too much about work is generally not advisable on a first date – but this question allows you to learn about what makes someone tick, while also keeping it light. As with all these questions – be ready to answer the same question about yourself too!
- Without telling me what it is, why is your favorite movie your favorite?: this question puts a twist on a tried-and-true, and uninspired, first date question. It also turns it into something of a game as they try and answer. Your date may forget what you say, but they’ll never forget how you made them feel.