What if we told you that certain dating habits will lead you to a "Dating Disaster"? Or if we were to tell you that by changing these habits you can virtually GUARANTEE dating success? Yes, its true. And transforming YOUR dating life is a lot easier than you think. Here's how:
- All about Me: perhaps the single worst dating habit is to focus so much on your own feelings, that you don't consider the feelings of your date partner. Try worrying less about what your date can do for you, and more about what you can do to make the date more positive and fun for THEM. Before deciding on whether someone is right for you, you first want to see their 'true self', and a fun first date is a good first step in the right direction.
- Snap judgments: the idea that you can know if someone is right for you in the first few minutes of a date is a myth. Yes, you can tell early on if you have immediate physical chemistry with someone, but that doesn't always translate into long term relationship potential. Take the time to really get to know someone, and avoid 'switching off' if you don't feel an initial attraction. Who knows, even if there's no romantic potential your date may turn into a great friendship!
- All talk no listen: having interesting things to say on a date is a great thing, but try not to do all the talking. Find topics that interest your date and engage them in the conversation too.
- Silence is not golden: on the other hand, having nothing to say on a date is a dating no-no... come prepared with a few fun topics to discuss, travel plans, or fun things you did over the summer.
- Doom & gloom: no-one wants to spend time with someone who's always complaining or has negative views on everything. Focus on being positive on your date, and you'll get better dating results, which may even cheer you up!