With the nice summer weather (finally) upon us in Vancouver, August can be a great time to meet someone new, or ignite a connection that you’ve recently made. Here are 5 tips on how to make your dating life sizzle this August…
- Beach barbecue: nothing says ‘summer’ more than a barbecue on the beach with someone special. Combining nature, good food and good company is a great way to make a second or third date stand out.
- Sunset from a patio: watching a summer sunset with a drink on a patio is a perfect summer get together. Try the patios at the Backstage Lounge in Granville Island or The Jericho Sailing Club for great summer sunset views.
- Mountain top views: for active singles, try a hike up one of the local mountains for some unobstructed summer views of Vancouver. The Grouse Grind is always popular and, or those a bit more adventurous, try Cypress Mountain.
- Bard on the beach: for singles looking for a dating mix of the outdoors and culture, take your date to any one of the 4 plays showing at bard on the beach this summer. A pre or post show walk along Kits beach can also be a nice touch.
- Summer market spectacular: check out one of the many outdoor markets this summer; a fun and creative second or third date with someone who appreciates local culture and great food. Try the various Vancouver farmer’s markets, or the summer night market in Richmond for more of an Asian flavor.